09 AUG 2019
Technology to achieve the best yield in oyster mushroom farming.
The concept was designed to study the small scale mushroom growers in the country and to find out the problems and constraints faced by them plus the different people and institutions involved in their enterprise development. This is a perfect SME level farming opportunity which can start with minimal resources.
The best condition to grow mushroom is low temperature with high humidity. In Jaffna, this is the complicated scenario due to environmental conditions. This project developed as a proof of concept of controlled environment mushroom farming in Jaffna peninsula (client: Mushroom Farming Association Jaffna).
- Most mushroom farms grow their mushrooms indoor - humidity, temperature and CO2 in all areas of the farm must be precisely controlled to produce optimal growth.
- Manually controlling the environment can be very time consuming and most heating, A/C and humidity control systems have very imprecise automated control.
- Getting maximum productivity out of a mushroom farm requires day-by-day changes to optimal humidity, temperatures and CO2 depending on the growth stage. This requires an automated solution (or a cost-ineffective amount of manual labour)
- Continues monitoring of Temperature (Soil+Air), Humidity (Soil+Air), CO2 (Air)
- Solution Deployment Size: Cloud connected sensors
- Solution Type: Subscription Based
- Key Business Requirements: Precise monitoring of humidity, temperature and CO2
- Automate hydroponic system and provide warnings to operators
- Increased Productivity - 35%
- Reduction Labour cost - 28%
- Increased Quality of Product.
- Effective disease controlling methods.
- Improved energy saving by 20%
- Predictable yield with less fluctuations.